The Ogeechee Rifles Camp #941 is currently working on a project to renovate the Confederate Monument on the courthouse
lawn in Statesboro, Georgia. Below is the Scope of Work information for the project.
Scope of Work to Restore Confederate Monument:
Downtown Statesboro, Ga- Bulloch County
1. Dismantle monument onsite and store on palate onsite.
2. Clean, polish,
and inspect monument.
3. Inspect monument foundation for strength.
4. After cleaning, polishing, and inspecting re-install monument to
5. Upon reinstallation make sure all best sides of stones are facing outward.
6. Once monument is reassembled, place four cannon balls on the corner of the monument and fasten them so not easily removed.
7. Run electrical and install a light on all four comers of monument, also install photocell to control lights.
8. Erect a 36" high wrought iron powder coated fence @ 5ft. around the monument with lockable walk gate. (sample of
fencing to be approved)
9. Install red Knock-Out Roses between the newly erected fence and the base of the monument with
mulch ground cover.
If you are interested in donating to this endeavor, you can send
a check to the Ogeechee Rifles Camp
941 Confederate Monument Fund. All money will go to our fund at Sea Island Bank in Statesboro, Georgia. Contact the Ogeechee
Rifles at email@example.com
information on the statue, please see our Confederate Statue page: http://www.ogeecheerifles941.com/id16.html.